Pediatric aquatic therapy or pool therapy consists of an exercise program that is performed in the water. It is a beneficial form of therapy that is useful for a variety of pediatric conditions. Aquatic therapy uses the physical properties of water to assist in patient healing and exercise performance.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy:
- Provides sensory input as the water provides gentle movement and pressure
- Increases strength and range of motion as children may be able to move in ways that they could not on land
- Improves endurance and respiratory function due to being able to increase activity level in the pool
- Provides a great environment for post surgical rehabilitation
- Provides a supplement to traditional Occupational and Physical Therapy treatment plans for land-based motor skills
- Facilitates language skills, social skills, behavior issues, play skills and cognitive skills
Aquatic therapy only available at our Fargo clinic.
Download our Aquatic Therapy Brochure